Have you ever felt depleted….emotionally, mentally, and physically exhausted; like you had nothing left to give? At that point, your cup is empty.
I used to ignore the signs and made sure everyone else was happy. I since realized that it’s very unhealthy to do, it literally makes everything worse.
To fill your cup means that you need to replenish your emotional, mental, physical energy. And this means self care baby!
Here are some ways things you can do to fill your cup:
- Hobbies – I’ll be honest, I never knew how much I’d love and appreciate photography if I didn’t just one day try it. Try something new, you may fall in love with it!
- Go for a walk. To make it interesting, try to have make a list of 10 things you want to see on your walk and walk until you can find them.
- Go for a hike, one that is breathtaking, maybe it takes a couple hours to get there.
- Call a friend
- Read for pleasure.
- Listen to an upbeat podcast about self love / self care
- Do yoga
- Shop online
- New restaurants, try them and order takeout
- Dress up and put makeup on, even if you’re staying home
- Take a bath and do a foot spa
- Plan a trip
- Take a nap
- Spend time with your favourite animal
- Get your favourite luxury drink
- Put on a new set of clean sheets and snuggle up and watch your favourite show/movie
- Call your Grandma
- Eat your favourite dessert